College life is more than academic. Being involved in campus clubs and organizations can be a wonderful opportunity to gain leadership skills, meet new people and provide service to the college and the community. You also gain valuable experiences that are needed in applying for scholarships or jobs.
Find an activity that you would enjoy. Join a club, play on a team, or run in an election!
Parking Ticket Forgiveness Day
Do you have outstanding parking tickets from Campus Police? On Tuesday, Oct. 25 you can have up to two offenses dismissed when you make a donation from the provided list to the Women's Center of Brazoria County.
Violations eligible for dismissal:
- No parking permit
- Improperly displayed permit
- Failure to park within parking lines of a designated space
- Faculty parking violations
- Pull through or backed into a parking space
List of acceptable donations:
- Two, four packs of fruit cups
- Two boxes of single serve instant oatmeal (10 packs)
- Two boxes of breakfast or granola bars
- Two, four packs of Easy Mac
- One bag of rice and one bag of pinto or black beans
- One full-size shampoo and one full-size conditioner
- Two, full-size bottles of body wash
- One package of disposable razors and one can of shaving cream
- One, full-size box of tampons or maxi pads
- Two, full-size containers on hand sanitzer
To learn more email email@example.com or call Campus Police at 281-756-3700.
Interested in getting involved in campus life? Take a moment to explore the variety of clubs open to Alvin Community College students.
Throughout the year Student Activities sponsors great programs for ACC students including:
- Annual Party on the Patio Back to School Bash
- ACC Club Social
- Sports Tournaments
- Constitution Day
- Annual Student Leadership Conference
- Fall and Spring Alcohol and Drug Awareness Weeks
- President's Forum
- Job Readiness Week
Student Activities also hosts annual community events including:
Drug Free Schools and Communities Act
Each semester, the Office of Student Activities provides information and programming to help students make wise choices about alcohol use and drug use prevention. Don't miss these fun and informative events:
Fall Wing Fling
The 2016 Fall Wing Fling will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 5 from 10:30 a.m. 12:30 p.m. outside the Student Center. Student will have the chance to visit with community partners and experts to learn more about the dangers of drug use and unsafe drinking practices. In addition, participants can see first-hand how dangerous drunk driving can be in a drunk driving simulator.
Student can earn a free Wing Fling t-shirt and enjoy a free lunch of chicken wings!
Spring Break Bash
Held the week before spring break, the ACC Spring Break Bash gets you ready for a week away from school by providing information safe partying. Students will learn about safe drinking, how to prevent sexual violence, and other general tips to make spring break a fun and memorable experience.
Students can win free t-shirts and other great prizes.
The Student Center, located in the round building in the center of the ACC campus, is the hub of student activities and events. The Center is home to:
- ACC Game Room
- ATM Machine
- Mr. C’s Bistro and Deli
- College Store
- Study Grounds Coffee Bar
- Student Activities Office
- Student Government Association Office
- Cell Phone Charging Stations
The game room is a great place to relax between classes and have fun. Stop by to:
- Play ping pong, pool, Foosball, PS4, X-box One, Wii and board games.
- Watch TV on a 64 inch HD television
- Take advantage of free Wi-Fi internet
Student Activities Office
Building E, Room 126