Congratulations Class of 2014 Dual Degree Graduates...
We are proud of you!
Check your email and Stay Informed!!!!
Email is the official form of communication. If you are not receiving emails, contact your
Dual Credit Advisor to verify or update your email address today!!!
Updates can also be made through WebACCess.
*Thank you to all that attended Dual Credit Orientation! Both the student and parent powerpoint presentations will be available online, by August 1st. Please review the information we have posted below or contact your ACC Dual Credit Advisor if you have questions. Our offices are open Monday-Thursday, closed on Fridays.
*Effective immediately for entry into Fall 2014 dual credit courses: Dual Credit students are only allowed to test 2 times for enrollment per semester. If a student is unsuccessful both times, they will not be allowed to participate that semester.
*ATTENTION: If you signed up to take a Dual Credit Foreign Language course for the first time fall 2014, you are now required to take the Foreign Language Placement Test prior to being enrolled. Students will not be enrolled without taking this exam. Click here for test dates, locations and times.
* Summer registration is now closed. Students who took a course this summer should submit an unofficial or official ACC transcript directly to their high school counselor and/or registrar to have the grade posted to the high school transcript. Your DC Advisor can assist you with accessing your transcript but will not submit it to your high school. Unofficial transcripts are printed through WebACCess. If you need help logging in to WebACCess contact the ACC Help Desk at 281-756-3544.
* Learn more about transferring credits, financial aid and more! Click here: "Life after Dual Credit: Making it Count". Find more tips by clicking on our Dual Credit FAQ's link.
ARE YOU INTERESTED ???
You Can Find Out How to Take a DUAL CREDIT College Course
this Summer or Next School Year ...
Fall 2014 Dual Credit Deadlines for Participation
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1st
TESTING DEADLINE: August 8th
Additional Tips for Summer/Fall enrollment:
1. Be sure to select a Dual Credit college class when completing your high school course selection sheet.
2. Complete the ACC Admission Application. Be sure to enter an email address that is checked frequently. Also, if there are siblings entering the program, each student must have their own email address.
3. Register for testing immediately! Students can begin testing now. Visit the ACC testing web page for test dates and instructions. Be sure to complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA).
Note: If you plan to take summer courses, please test prior to April 16th.
4. Once you have taken the TSI exam, students should contact their DC Advisor to schedule a time to review the scores and to complete the admission process.
Dual credit students are only allowed to test 2 times for enrollment per semester. If a student is unsuccessful both times, they will not be allowed to participate that semester.
5. Don't forget-Dual Credit Orientation for all new students. Dates will be posted soon. Plan to attend to learn all you need to know. NEW this year....Dual Credit Parent Orientation!
6. PLEASE complete your application by August 1st and testing by August 8th to ensure participation in the ACC Dual Credit Program.
Don't just take our word for it!
Read how Dual Credit helped 2011 Dawson High School Graduate,
"I know you usually don't hear too much about the success of your past students, but I wanted to pass on some information to you regarding Haley. Since she graduated in 2011, she has worked really hard at Baylor and will be graduating this May, in 3 years, on the Dean's list. She was able to do this by capitalizing on the college credits she earned her Junior and Senior year at Dawson. It allowed her to enter into college with a semester already behind her, and not to mention, saved us half a year of tuition! Years ago, I was hesitant about her taking Dual Credit courses while in high school because I thought that they would be too much with her other class load. I am so glad now that she did. She has really benefited from the credits and it is truly a money saver on University tuition." - Sandra Peck
Do you have a success story to share? Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Need For More Information