The Alvin Community College Library is dedicated to providing information access to students, faculty, staff and community members. Our commitment provides you with:
- In class bibliographic, research and informatics instruction
- Citation assistance
- 10,000 books, 172,0000 E-books, 119 databases
- Expanding research capabilities and access to digital books
- Comfortable study areas with private study room
- 24-hour electronic database accessibility and research help and training
Note: The Library’s electronic databases, webinars and study guides are available through the links below 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Login information can be found by logging into your Blackboard account or calling the Library at the number below. Additionally, login information can be found on each of the Research Help Guides along with a step by step graphic for conducting searches.
Need research or information HELP? Call the Library at 281.756.3559 for assistance or to schedule an appointment with our Reference Librarian.
- Request Library Resources Instruction
- Faculty Request an Item
- Tutoring available through the Learning Lab
- Combined Search of the Catalog and the Ebsco and Credo Databases
- Online Catalog
- Credo Reference Collection
- The EBSCO databases via Texshare
- The Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) database
- Nursing and Allied Health Resources via Ovid
- Archives of Course Catalogs, College Yearbooks and the Alvin Sun
- MLA8 Citation Guide
- APA Citation Guide
- APA Formatting Help from Purdue University
- MLA Formatting Help from Purdue University
- Son of Citation Machine
- Research Help Guides
- Information Literacy Course
- Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School
- Teaching Children Mathematics
- Alvin Community College's New Strategic Plan
- How to do Research including tips and strategies for succeeding in college.
- TopSecret: For Your Eyes Only
- Take off on an Adventure
- So did you know?