The Pharmacy Technician Program offers a 2 year curriculum to prepare individuals for an allied health career working in a pharmacy. The program prepares you to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam. Once certified, you will be able to work in retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, and mail order pharmacies. The 2 year curriculum provides courses in Management allowing you to gain knowledge needed to move into management.
1. Have a high school diploma or GED.
2. Make application to Alvin Community College and fulfill the admission requirements.
3. Not currently on suspension or academic probation.
4. A background check will be conducted by the state of Texas Pharmacy Board in when applying for technician in
training status. You must not have any felonies in the last 5 years or drug convictions.
5. Physical Exam and immunization required for clinical rotation in the last semester.
6. CPR certification required for clinical rotation in the last semester.
Faculty and Key Support Staff:
Rhonda Boone, DC – Department Chair, Pharmacy Technician Program
- Rhonda Boone, DC received an Associates of Science—Radiologic Technology, Bachelor of Science—Human Biology, Doctorate of Chiropractic and Masters of Science in Education - Instructional Design for Online Learning. Dr. Boone has been certified by Kaduceus, Inc in Pharmacy Technician curriculum, Certified as a Pharmacy Technician, and Certified in IV preparation and compounding.
Other adjunct instructors to be announced
Alvin Community College
3110 Mustang Road
Alvin, TX 77511
Disability Services 281.756.3531