Our goal is the success of our students.
The Learning Lab is a one-stop resource to help you succeed academically.
The Learning Lab offers:
- Free Tutoring
- Computer/Printer Access
- Testing for classes
- Academic Success Strategies
Learning Lab Hours
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (except during summer sessions)
Summer Schedule: Same as above, except closed on Fridays
Students may start their exam any time during the following:
Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. (Last test begins at 7:30 p.m. and must be completed by 8:30 p.m.)
Friday 10 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Except during summer sessions)
No testing is administered during final exams.
Most semesters, tutoring is available in the following disciplines, and the schedule is available near the Learning Lab check-in desk each semester:
- *Biology (A&P)
*Availability varies each semester.
Computer Assistance - Word processing and Internet access are provided on the computers in the Learning Lab. Help with MyBlackboard and Turn-it-in.com/Safe Assignment is offered. Interactive math
tutorials are also available. Printing is available with a 5 page limit.
Testing for Classes
To take an exam in the Learning Lab, students need to provide the following:
- Instructor’s name
- Course name and number (as it is listed in the class schedule)
- Exam number (i.e., Exam #1,2,3, etc.)
- Exam form (i.e., Scantron, essay, write-on test)
- Pen or pencil
- Current ACC Student ID or driver license
Student Success Services
Study Skills, Time Management, and Test Anxiety (By appt. or walk-in)
- Learning Styles — Assess and help students know how they learn best
- Study Skills, Test Anxiety, and Time Management — Take self-assessment
- Customized Study Plan—Provide informational packets to students who take a Learning Style, Test Anxiety, and Time Management self-assessment
(Seminars may be provided to whole classes at professors’ requests.)
Dr. Trisha Konovalov
Director of the Learning Lab and Academic Foundations
Alvin Community College
3110 Mustang Rd, Alvin, TX 77511
Main Information Desk/Math Tutoring:
Writing & Reading Tutoring; Study Skills:
Learning Lab A-204B
Building A, upstairs, near the Library
281-756-3565 or 281-756-3556
Note to Faculty: Please contact the Learning Lab to schedule interactive academic support workshops for classes. The Learning Lab also offers class workshops to review writing styles.