Christal M. Albrecht, Ph.D.
Dr. Christal M. Albrecht has served as President at Alvin Community College since May 2014. Before coming to ACC she was president of Florida State College at Jacksonville Kent Campus and Campus President at Pima Community College-Desert Vista Campus. She was also the inaugural vice president of Student Learning at Lone Star College-Cy Fair Campus.
She received a Doctorate Degree in Allied Health Education and Administration from the University of Houston; a Master’s Degree in Medical Technology and Laboratory Science from Norwich University and a Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology from Syracuse University.
Dr. Albrecht served on the Board of Directors of the American Association of Community Colleges from 2014 to 2017 and served as President of the National Council for Workforce Education from 2016 to 2017.
She was appointed to the Higher Education Higher Education Resource and Development Institute. She is also involved in the local community by serving on the Memorial Hermann Community Advisory Board and the Alvin/ Manvel Area and Pearland Chamber of Commerce Boards.
In 2019, she received the Alvin Manvel Area Chamber of Commerce Leadership Award. She has also finished 36 marathons and numerous shorter races.
While Dr. Albrecht has served as the president, the college has
- implemented a five-year strategic planning process
- been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution
- remained among the best community colleges in the country by the Aspen Institute
- initiated a Maintenance Note Project to improve campus infrastructure and facilities
- been chosen to participate in the Second Chance Pell program
- received grant funding from the Texas Workforce Commission to improve STEM education
- started the ACC Community Advisory Council