Respiratory Care - A.A.S. Degree
How to Apply
The Respiratory Care program begins every Fall semester in August.
If you are a first-time college student or transferring to ACC, begin the application process by completing the Steps-to-Getting-Started
What You Need to Apply
To be considered for admission to the Respiratory Care program, the applicant must:
Complete Prerequisite Courses
Provide proof of college credit for the following before the January start date.
- ENGL 1301 – Composition I
- BIOL 2401 – Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 2402 – Anatomy & Physiology II
Completion of the following course is not required at the time of application, but is strongly recommended prior to admission.
- 3 Credits: Social/Behavioral Science Core Elective
- 3 Credits: Language, Philosophy & Culture Elective
- 4 Credits: BIOL 2420 – Microbiology for Non-Science Majors
- Applicant must be TSI complete
Attend an Information Session
All applicants are required to attend an information session
Submit Application Packet
- Application Form – Online application will open February 2020.
- Official college transcript showing completion required courses (unofficial from ACC is acceptable)
- Immunization record showing at least 2 or 3 shots completed in Hepatitis B series
- Completed HESI A2 exam within the last 5 years
Wait to be contacted by the department. Please be patient; it can take several weeks for admission applications to be processed.
Eligible applicants will be invited for interviews held approximately 2-3 weeks after the April and June deadlines.
A condition of admission is based on completion and/or of submission of the following:
- Proof of personal health insurance
- Passing a drug screening
- Physical examination
- Immunization record showing: Completion of Hepatitis B Immunization series (may take up to 6 months), MMR, Tdap, TB, Varicella, Meningitis (required for students under the age of 22), and Influenza (please note: a titer may be required for some of these immunizations)
- Cleared criminal background
- Attend program orientation
COLLEGE & CAREER PATHWAYS
Respiratory Care is part of our Health Career Pathway. Click the box below to see other Health programs that may interest you.