On the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. As a nation,
let it be our pledge that when they return home, we leave no veteran behind.
-- Dan Lipinski
Veterans Educational Benefits
ACC is proud to offer approved educational benefits to veterans. Prospective students
should contact either the VA Regional Office or the Veterans Benefits Advisor in the Academic Advising Office.
Requirements for Requesting Veterans Educational Benefits
Chapter 35 - Survivors/Dependents Education Benefit
- VA Form 22-5490: Application for VA Education Benefits www.gibill.va.gov
All college transcripts
Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabitation Educational Benefits: Assists Veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. For Veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, Vet Success offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible. Meet with a Voc Rehab counselor at the Houston Regional Office, or online.
Need 1905 from Regional Office
Transfer students: if you have received VA benefits previously please complete a Change of Program form:
Student must complete a Request for Benefits form each semester before they will be certified.
Print and submit form to Toby Herzog at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring your completed documentation to the Academic Advising Office and meet with Toby Herzog, VA Certifying Official. Once submitted, your paperwork will be processed according to the regulations and guidelines set forth by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
View the pamphlet regarding the new Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
The Hazlewood Act is a State of Texas benefit for qualified Veterans, spouses, and dependent children.
- Hazlewood Tuition provides up to 150 credit hours of tuition exemption
- Hazlewood Legacy Act allows qualified Texas veterans to transfer any unused hours to their dependent child. Children of eligible veterans must meet the institution's requirement for Satisfactory Academic Progress and maintain an overall 2.0 GPA in order to continue receiving their parent's Hazlewood benefits.
- The Hazlewood Exemption provides exemption of payment for tuition and certain fees to honorably discharged or separated Texas veterans and to eligible dependent children and spouses of Texas veterans. A widow or dependent child of a service member killed in action, or who has been deemed 100% service-connected disabled, may also qualify for the Hazlewood Exemption.
- Show DD-214
- Confirm entrance (home of record or place of entry) from the State of Texas
- Letter of ineligibility for the Montgomery G.I. Bill from the Department of Veterans Affairs, if discharge was post 9/11
- Receipt of an honorable or under honorable conditions discharge
- Must have served at least 180 days of active duty (excluding basic training time)
- Resident of Texas for a minimum of 12 months prior to college registration
- Not in default for any educational student loan
- Transfer Students: Statement of Hazlewood hours for all colleges or universities attended after September 1995 and prior to ACC enrollment
New Applicants: First-time Hazlewood veterans and dependents must apply two weeks prior to the payment deadline of the term. If application is submitted by the deadline, but not yet approved, the student must make arrangements to pay from personal funds. The student will be reimbursed for the payment made once approved for Hazlewood Benefits. First-time applications submitted after the deadline of two weeks prior to the payment deadline, will be processed for the next available term.
Previous Recipients: Students who have used their Hazlewood benefits previously at ACC may apply through late registration of the term.
The Registrar's Office will process the application for benefits and contact the student directly by mail. For additional information and applications for the Hazlewood Benefits Act, visit College for All Texans.
VA Contact Information: Phone: 1-888-442-4551
Monthly verification of attendance: 1-877-823-2378
Direct Deposit Information: 1-877-838-2378