The Alvin Community College Veterans Services department is honored to serve military
veterans and their families by providing quality educational opportunities for a diverse
community of learners to thrive in an evolving world. We thank you for your service
What We Do
The Veterans Service department helps veterans and their families gain access to their
state and local veterans benefits. We assist veterans with applying for benefits,
admission to the college, advising services and course selection. Referrals to Disability
services and Counseling resources are also provided. We provide enrollment information
to the VA, monitor satisfactory process and report any issues to the VA in a timely
manner. A Veterans only break room and a veterans student organization is also sponsored
by this Department.
Veterans Services & Military Benefits
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill provides 36 months of educational benefits
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits for veterans with service connected disabilities
- Chapter 33 Post 9-11 Pays tuition and fees, housing allowance, and book stipend
- Chapter 35 Survivors Dependent Educational Benefits
- Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill for selective reserve
- Chapter 1607 Montgomery GI Bill for selective reserves called up to active duty in response to war or national emergency.
For additional information and to apply for these benefits, go to the VA website www.gibill.va.gov
Benefits for Eligible Texas Veterans: Hazlewood Act
- Hazlewood tuition exemption provides up to 150 credit hours of tuition exemption.
- Hazlewood Legacy Act allows qualified Texas veterans to transfer any unused hours to their dependent child.
- A widow or dependent child of a service member killed in action, or who has been deemed 100% service connected disabled, may also qualify for the Hazlewood exemption.
For additional information visit www.tvc.texas.gov