International students are citizens of a country other than the United States who have an F-1 visa for educational purposes and who intend to return to their home country upon completion of their educational program. The following are required If you would like to obtain an F-1 visa to study in the U.S.:
- Acceptance to a SEVP approved institution
- English proficiency
- Sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire course of study
- Maintain a residence abroad which you have no intention of giving up
Use the following checklists to assist with completing your F-1 Admission application.
Initial: F-1 Admission Checklist
Transfer: F-1 Admission Checklist
Change of Status: F-1 Admission Checklist
Concurrent: F-1 Admission Checklist
International students are admitted for the Spring and Fall semester. The ACC academic year is composed of Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. F-1 students who begin in the fall semester are not required to attend summer classes. F-1 students who begin classes in the spring and summer must enroll full time in the summer during their first year of studies in the U.S.
Fall semester: August-December Checklist Process deadline: June 1
Spring semester: January-May Checklist Process deadline: October 1
Initial I-20, submit all required documents and complete checklist by June 1 for Fall and
Initial I-20, submit all required documents and complete checklist by October 1 for Spring.
- Complete the Online Application at GoApplyTexas.org for the Fall 2022 terms and forward.
(Use browsers Chrome, Mozilla or the latest version of IE)
Note: An acceptance email should be received within 48 business hours during normal processing times and may be longer during peak registration periods. Please check your spam folder for this important communication if it does not route to your inbox automatically.
- You must complete the International Admissions Checklist to complete the process.
Submit Transcripts: Students seeking transfer of credit from foreign institutions must have transcripts evaluated by an approved agency along with the original official transcript. Proof of high school completion is not required.
Provide Proof of English Proficiency: Students who are from an English speaking country or who have earned a college degree in an English speaking country are considered proficient in English. All other students are required to submit either of the following scores (must be within the last two years):
F-1 students transferring in from another college must complete a Transfer Form as part of the admission process.
Fall semester: August-December Transfer Process deadline: July 1
Spring semester: January-May Transfer Process deadline: November 1
Transfer I-20, submit all required documents and complete checklist by July 1 for Fall and
Transfer I-20, submit all required documents and complete checklist by November 1 for Spring.
Application for Admission
International students seeking admission to ACC should complete the steps below.
- Submit documents by email to International@alvincollege.edu.
- All documents must be sent as attachments within the same email.
- Documents must be scanned; no photographs. Must be pdf or Word documents.
- Include first and last name in every email.
- Application will not be reviewed until all checklist items have been completed.
- Allow 7-10 days for F-1 admission decisions. You will be notified by email if you have been accepted or if items are missing/incomplete.
F-1 students may not work off-campus during the first academic year, but may accept on-campus employment for up to 20 hours, subject to certain conditions and restrictions. Speak with your international advisor for more information.
After the first academic year, F-1 students may engage in the following types of off-campus employment:
- Maintaining Legal F-1 Status Guidelines
- Applying for a Social Security Card
- Applying for a Driver's License
- Applying for Economic Hardship