Review & Updated: August 10, 2021
Alvin Community College continues to monitor COVID-19 and take proactive and prudent measures to protect the health and safety of students, faculty and staff.
Governor Greg Abbott has issued Executive Order GA 38, which prohibits government entities from requiring or mandating individuals to wear face coverings. This executive order took effect on July 29, 2021, and Alvin Community College continues to comply with the governor’s executive order.
The choice to wear a mask while on campus is a voluntary one. Individuals who prefer to wear a mask are certainly free to do so. All employees are encouraged to wear a mask when not able to maintain proper social distancing.
Safety measures that will be in place on campus include:
- Social distancing required according to CDC recommendations
- Monitoring classroom capacities
- Any student or employee who is exposed or tests positive must complete the Self Reporting form.
- Contact Tracing & close contact notifications
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout buildings
- Clinical rotations will follow the guidelines of the clinical site
- Lab School will follow the protocols approved by state licensing
Symptoms of COVID-19
Anyone showing the following symptoms should not report to campus and should contact their supervisor immediately to make alternate working arrangements:
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
Maintaining space from others is one of the most effective tools in slowing the spread of COVID19. Public health officials recommend that individuals remain at least six feet apart, do not gather in groups, and avoid mass gatherings. In keeping with the emphasis on distancing, virtual meetings are still encouraged. If face-to-face meetings are necessary, please limit meeting size and duration, and hold meetings in a space that accommodates social distancing.
Frequent hand washing is one of the best ways to protect yourself from COVID-19 and many other illnesses. All students and employees are encouraged to wash their hands vigorously upon arrival at campus and throughout the day. Proper hand washing technique includes the use of soap and rubbing for 20 seconds, covering all parts of hands and wrists. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the ACC campus.
Reporting Covid-19 Incidents or Exposure
If necessary, please complete the Self Reporting Form. This form will allow you to notify the College of incidents/persons believed to be affected by Covid-19, including yourself.
For up-to-date information regarding College operations, please visit the Campus Updates page.