Welcome to the Library's Web Page
We will be posting updates regarding changes to our services as they appear so please continue to monitor this page.
Attention Students Faculty and Staff:
Virtual Library services will be available on-demand and by appointment. Students can complete a request form here or through The POD Library homepage where it says “ Get Library Assistance Here!”
If you have any questions or need a User ID or Password for the databases please click on this link for Database Help Guide or email us at email@example.com
Attention Students Faculty and Staff:
Please return all library materials that are checked out to you via the Library book drop (silver with blue library logo) located in the "A" parking lot across from the baseball field.
- Research Help with a Librarian - (login required)
- Presentation - Practice my Presentation and Get Feedback- (login required)
- Citations- Proofread, Edit or Help me Do My Citations- (login required)
- Faculty Request Library Resources Instruction
- Tutoring available through the Learning Lab
- The EBSCO databases via Texshare
- Search the Credo Reference Collection
- Library's Tradition Online Catalog
- ProQuest Databases to Include Academic Video Online
- Search the Library's Catalog
- The Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) database
- Nursing and Allied Health Resources via Ovid
- Archives of Course Catalogs, College Yearbooks and the Alvin Sun
- The Portal to Texas History
- All Data Automotive Diagnostics and Repair Database
- Mitchell1 Automotive Repair Database
- Copyright for Instructors
- THECB Repository for Open Educational Resources
- Ebsco's Faculty Select for Open Source Resources
- OpenStax by Rice University
We mainly ask that you give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if any changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. Please note the OpenStax logo, OpenStax book covers, OpenStax CNX name, and OpenStax CNX logo are not subject to the creative commons license and may not be reproduced without the prior and express written consent of Rice University. If you choose to redistribute the content you will need to create an alternate book cover.
- MLA 8 Citation Guide
- APA 7 Citation Quick Guide
- APA 7 Citation Examples
- APA 7 Sample Student Paper
- APA Formatting Help from Purdue University
- MLA Formatting Help from Purdue University
- Purdue Owl Chicago Manual 17th edition
- How to Use Citation Generators Responsibly
- How to Use Paper Checkers Responsibly
- Son of Citation Machine
- Research Help Guides
- Alvin Community College's New Strategic Plan
- How to do Research including tips and strategies for succeeding in college.
Infants and minor children are not allowed in the classroom, laboratories, employee offices, or other facilities of the college.
Student Handbook 2022-2023 page 15 of this source
Community members and organizations using College District facilities shall: 1. Conduct business in an orderly manner; 2. Provide identification when requested to do so by a College District representative.
COMMUNITY EXPRESSION AND USE OF COLLEGE FACILITIES (tasb.org)
Community members and organizations using College District facilities shall:
- Conduct business in an orderly manner;
- Provide identification when requested to do so by a College District representative;
- Abide by all laws, policies, and procedures, including, but not limited to, those prohibiting the use, sale, or possession of alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and firearms,
- Make no alteration, temporary or permanent, to College District property without prior written consent from the College President; and
- Be responsible for the cost of repairing any damages incurred during use and shall be required to indemnify the College District for the cost of any such repairs.