How to Apply
In order to apply to the Pharmacy Technician Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Set up a meeting with Dr. Boone by emailing email@example.com or calling 281-756-3805
- Apply to Alvin Community College and fulfill the admission requirements by completing the Steps-to-Getting-Started
- Fill out and return the Program Application.
- Not currently on suspension or academic probation
- A background check will be conducted by the state of Texas Pharmacy Board in when applying for technician in training status
- You must not have any felonies in the last 5 years or drug convictions
- Physical Exam and immunization required for clinical rotation in the last semester
- CPR certification required for clinical rotation in the last semester
- Must maintain a grade of C or better to continue in the program.
You have to be registered with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician in Training (they will perform a background check on you at this time). Requirements for hospital internships include negative drug test, CPR for Health Care Professionals, and updated vaccinations including a flu vaccine during flu season and a negative TB test.
COLLEGE & CAREER PATHWAYS
Pharmacy Technician is part of our Health Career Pathway. Click the box below to see other Health programs that may interest you.