Invoicing, Accounts Payable & Shipping Terms
The Alvin College Business Office is solely responsible for processing and issuing payments to Vendors and Employees. The Business Office can be reached at 281-756-3509.
Please keep these terms in mind while doing business with Alvin College. It is our standard practice to only have purchases as “FOB-Destination-Freight Prepaid”. If you are doing business with our College and your terms are different you must notify the Purchasing Staff BEFORE the PO is placed.
- F.O.B. (Free on Board) determines the point at which title or ownership transfers and responsibility for the goods while in transit.
- F.O.B. Destination: Shipper maintains ownership and is responsible for the goods until received by the
buyer at the destination indicated on the purchase order.
*Any loss or damages would be handled by the shipper.
- F.O.B. Origin: Buyer takes ownership and responsibility once the goods leave the shippers location.
*Any loss or damages would be handled by the buyer.
Freight Prepaid: The shipper pays the freight charges.
Freight Prepaid & Added: The shipper sends the freight and adds the charges to invoice.
- Vendor should include shipping costs in their price or give a separate price.
- Ideal shipping term is F.O.B. Destination, freight prepaid.
- Shipper pays freight, owns goods in transit and files claims.