Success Through Engaged Advising (QEP)
What is the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)?
ACC’s QEP, Success through Engaged Advising (SEA), targets advising to improve student success.
SEA focuses on students:
- Choosing a path
- Continuing on a path
- Completing a path
Why has the QEP been created?
The QEP has been created to improve the quality of the student advising experience. It will aid students in choosing a career path, continuing successfully, and completing the path by obtaining a degree or certificate.
When will the QEP begin?
The new advising process begins Fall 2020 for all new incoming students.
How will the QEP help me as a student?
The QEP will aid you by providing regular advising and faculty mentorship in your chosen career pathway.
Choose Your Path
- Take a Career Coach assessment
- Meet with a Pathways Success Coach (coming soon)
- Choose a Career Pathway
Continue Your Path
- Initial meeting with a Staff Pathways Advisor (SPA)
- Complete an educational plan, register for classes, meet Pathway Faculty Mentor (PFM), and attend career conferences, seminars and other events
- Meet with an assigned SPA after the completion of 15, 30, & 45 credits
Complete Your Path
- Meet with an assigned SPA and/or Pathways Faculty Mentor (PFM) when there are 15 or fewer credit hours remaining towards a degree
- Apply for graduation
- Celebrate success and begin preparations to continue education or embark upon a new career