Alvin Community College has adopted the following Core Value statements in addition to the Mission and Vision statements.
Alvin Community College is a strong community asset.
- We are the primary resource for lifelong learning opportunities in our community.
- We are committed to effective collaborations with our community partners.
Alvin Community College is accountable to all its stakeholders.
- We commit to fiscal transparency and responsible stewardship of resources.
- We provide innovative quality education as an affordable and worthwhile investment for our community and students.
Alvin Community College is responsive to the needs of students and the region.
- We support all students and staff as individuals; we are responsive, caring, inclusive, and welcoming; we value all members of the ACC family.
- We are a growing community that offers flexibility and innovation, responding to a wide array of community and workforce needs, all in a friendly atmosphere.
Alvin Community College strives for educational excellence in programs and services.
- We achieve educational excellence by offering diverse curricula, opportunities in workforce education, and a quality student experience.
- We provide a variety of innovative career pathways through programs and services to meet the unique needs of our community, lifelong learners and the future workforce in an ever-changing global economy.
Alvin Community College prides itself on being student-centered.
- Our quality faculty and staff put students first.
- We are success-oriented, providing a supportive environment that guides students to reach their full potential.