License Vocational Nursing (LVN)
APPLICATION PERIOD: OCTOBER 1, 2020 to NOVEMBER 12, 2020
PROGRAM START: JUNE 2021
How to Apply?
The Vocational Nursing (VN) application period begins every October and ends in November. Classes begin the following June.
All applicants must attend an applicant meeting on campus, no exceptions. Applicant meeting dates can be found below. The last applicant meeting is scheduled on the last day of the application period. Applicants are required to attend an applicant meeting even if they have attended one for a previous application period, or previously been in the ACC LVN program.
The required application steps and supporting documents (listed below) must be completed and/or received by the LVN application deadline.
Applicants are informed of their conditional admission status via email by the end of January. Email is the official means of communications from ACC to students. If you are conditionally accepted you will be informed, at that time, of further documents/steps necessary to achieve final acceptance status.
Attend an Applicant Meeting
APPLICANT MEETINGS are designed to provide applicants more detailed information about the program and application process. These meetings are mandatory for anyone who has decided to apply to the VN Program.
Applicant Meeting Link: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/bd21c81cb52e4ce4a55d5c0f3a555e8e Click the link above to join one of the on-line applicant meetings a few minutes before the meeting starts.
If you are unable to hear the meeting in a web browser, then call this number to join over telephone 1-571-392-7650. When prompted, enter meeting id # 228 168 0576 (omit spaces), and email email@example.com with your phone number and name for attendance credit.
Steps For Applying
Complete the following initial requirements. You must meet the following initial requirements no later than the application deadline. If you do not meet these initial requirements your application will not be considered.
Applicants must be TSI complete. For U.S. citizens, visit the Steps to Getting Started to apply to ACC. International Students should visit the International Students section for application instructions.
- You must be admitted to ACC before you can apply to the LVN program. If it has been a year or more since you last applied to ACC or took courses at ACC, you may need to re-apply to ACC. The registrar’s office discards transcripts after a year if you did not take courses. Check with the Admissions Office if you are unsure: 281-756-3531.
- All applicants must provide an original High School Diploma, or official high school transcript, or a GED certificate, or official college transcripts showing completion of 12 credit hours of core courses attained while attending an accredited college.
- The VN program does not accept foreign high school or college credits until they have been evaluated for U.S. equivalency by an ACC approved transcript evaluation services provider. You will find a list of approved companies in the “Academic Policies & Regulations” section of the ACC catalog. The original transcript evaluation document must be submitted to the VN department.
- Provide EITHER proof of at least the first Hepatitis-B injection OR a report of Hepatitis-B immunity (a “Hepatitis-B surface antibody titer”).
- There is no time limit on Hepatitis-B injections; there is a 5-year time limit on the Hepatitis-B titer. Hepatitis-B titer is accurate only if it is done at least two months after the third Hepatitis-B shot.
- Have your HESI A-2 test scores sent directly to the ACC Nursing Department.
- Applicants must make at least 70 on the reading section and at least 65 for the cumulative score. You can score less on other sections as long as you meet the reading and cumulative score requirements. Although there is no minimum HESI math score, those with a math section score of 85% or better receive additional admission consideration.
- We use only the HESI A2 test for nursing admission. You cannot substitute any other test. A high enough HESI- A2 test score, by the nursing application deadline, is mandatory for all LVN applicants regardless of educational background or college degrees they may already have,.
- You may take the HESI-A2 exam at ACC or at other sites that administer the exam. If the exam is taken any place besides ACC, allow at least two weeks for your score report to reach the ACC Nursing Department. We do not accept HESI-A2 scores submitted by the applicant.
- After submitting your LVN application, return to the application status screen at the above link to verify completion of LVN application steps. It may take up to five days for completed application steps to be reflected on the status screen.
- If you have problems or questions about completing the LVN application, please contact the LVN department at 281-756-5630.
- Anyone who previously applied must submit a new application for the program.
- Students with A&P credits from foreign institutions must have the transcripts evaluated by an approved service and submit the official evaluation of foreign credits to the ACC registrar. A list of ACC-approved evaluation services is in the ACC College Catalog under "Evaluation of Credit from Foreign Institutions"
COLLEGE & CAREER PATHWAYS
Licensed Vocational Nursing is part of our Health Career Pathway. Click the box below to see other Health programs that may interest you.