CDL Training/Truck Driving
CDL Training/Truck Driving
We offer a 160-Hour Class "A" Commercial Truck Driving License Training Program.
Trucking companies across the country are trying desperately to fill the increasing demand for trained truck drivers and new graduates are finding themselves more valued than ever in this competitive job market. In the Alvin Community College Commercial Driving Licensing Program, students are prepared for entry-level employment in the trucking industry.
This program provides classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel driving experience and training. Students will receive their CDL, "Class A" training in 4 weeks.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Texas driver license
- Must have a valid Texas Class A driver permit (see below)
- Must have a valid Social Security number
- Must have original or certified copy of birth certificate
- Must pass a DOT physical and be in good physical condition
- Must not be under doctors care with work limitations to do assigned class and skills work
- Must have no serious physical handicap
- Must be English proficient or pass the English Proficiency Test administered at the college
- Must be able to travel throughout the state of Texas
All students are required to have their CDL Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) before registering for the class. To prepare for the course download the Texas Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver's Handbook.
The cost of the (CLP) is $25.00. If an individual fails any exam three times, a new application fee of $25.00 is required.
Students will need to take Sections 2, 5, 6 and 14 for the Commercial Learners Permit (CLP).
Students are required to pass all 4 written tests in order to obtain the (CLP).
- Test 1 - Section 14: Special Requirements for Texas Commercial Motor Vehicles
- Test 2 - Section 2: General Knowledge (Driving Safely) Recommended to browse entire handbook but questions are mainly chosen from Section 1, 2, 3, 12, and 13.
- Test 3 - Section 5: Air Brakes
- Test 4 - Section 6: Combination Vehicles
Click her to apply for admission into the program and select "CDL Application" under Topic Code. A member of CEWD will contact you to complete registration into the program. Proof of admission requirements will be required before registration can be completed. Payment in full is due at the time of registration.
Commercial Driving License (CDL) - Class "A" Training in 4 weeks.
|CECVOP 1013 01||1/17/2023 - 2/7/2023||7:00AM - 5:30PM||MTWTH||Hybrid/B-Lot||J Munk|
|CECVOP 1013 02||2/8/2023 - 3/9/2023||7:00AM - 5:30PM||MTWTH||Hybrid/B-Lot||J Munk|
|CECVOP 1013 01||4/24/2023 - 5/18/2023||7:00AM - 5:30PM||MTWTH||Hybrid/B-Lot||J Munk|
|CECVOP 1013 02||5/22/2023 - 6/19/2023||7:00AM - 5:30PM||MTWTH||Hybrid/B-Lot||J Munk|
The vehicles used in the ACC CDL program are comparable to those used in the trucking industry. We have two trucks that are conventional tractors, with 10-speed and 13-speed transmissions, setback axles, dual tandem rear axles with Jiff lock. Our trailer is a 53-foot dry van with access to other trailers.
Tuition & Fees
In-District: $3,800 | Out-of-District: $3,835 | Other Fees: $281.70
Costs does not include physical exam, books, or CLP. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Book: Entry-Level Driver Training: Obtaining a CDL. By J.J Keller ISBN:978-1-68008-493-1. ~$50