In the ACC Continuing Education Workforce Development one-semester Phlebotomy Technician Program, you will learn the skills to assist health care teams in the accurate, safe, and reliable collection and transportation of blood and other specimens for clinical testing.
The ACC Phlebotomy program is open to any person at least 18-years-old at the start of the course, along with the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to effectively communicate orally and in-writing with English
- Have a basic understanding of computers and access to email
- Be physically able to stand for prolonged periods and maneuver in limited spaces
- Be able to push/pull/lift 50+ pounds
- Additional specific hospital requirements may vary
Visit the CEWD Healthcare page for Viewpoint Screening and the application process. The applicant will need to:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be current in health care vaccinations
- Have a CEWD Physical form completed
- Have a current CPR certification
- Read and understand HB1508 requirements for the licensing path
- Click here to apply for admission into the program
- select "Phlebotomy Application" under Topic Code.
- The Viewpoint Screening process must be complete before registering for classes.
- Upon completion of these steps, a member of CEWD will contact you to finalize your registration into the program.
- Payment in full is due at the time of registration.
PLAB 1023 is a 48-hour in-person course which includes lectures and hands-on learning opportunities. In this course, students will develop skills necessary for an entry-level position in the workforce. Students will learn a variety of specimen-collection methods using proper techniques and precautions. Course topics include:
• Vacuum collection devices
• Capillary skin puncture
• Butterfly needles and blood culture
• Specimen collection on adults, children, and infants
• Proper patient identification
• Labeling of specimens for quality assurance
• Professionalism and ethics
• Medical Terminology
Program Investment is approximately $1,437.52 for in-district and $1,472.52 for out-of-district.
Tuition and fees are subject to change.