Dual Enrollment Admission
ACC Dual Enrollment Program Admission Process
2022-2023 Admission Deadline – April 29, 2022
Want to learn more about the Dual Enrollment Program at ACC? Join our ACC DE Advisors LIVE on Tuesday, February 8 at 6 p.m. for a virtual Dual Enrollment Information Night. For more details and to join, view the DE Information Night flyer.
Complete the Online Application at ApplyTexas.Org for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 terms only.
Complete the Online Application at GoApplyTexas.org for the Summer 2022 terms and forward.
(Use browsers Chrome, Mozilla or the latest version of IE)
Make sure you enter your Social Security number if you have one.
- Select Get Started and enter your My Profile information and save profile.
- Under My Application select “Start a New Application”
- Select “Two-year community/junior college.”
- Select Alvin Community College as the institution in the drop down menu.
- Select Dual Enrollment for your application type.
- Select semester (Fall but if not available you can select Spring or Summer).
- Select Alvin Community College again.
- Select ASSOCIATE OF ARTS - GENERAL STUDIES as your major.
- You will answer "Dual Credit questions" and "Questions specific to Alvin Community College".
- You will be applying to the 16-week term.
- When you have completed all steps, submit your application.
- Once application is submitted, you will receive an email with confirmation number from Apply Texas.
Note: An ACC acceptance email should be received within 48 business hours during normal processing times and may be longer during peak registration periods. Please check your spam folder for this important communication if it does not route to your inbox automatically.
Take TSI Exam (Texas Success Initiative Assessment) or provide waiver or exemption.
View waivers, exemptions and other Dual Enrollment Testing Information here.
To learn more detailed information on the TSIA including the State of Texas required PAA (Pre-Assessment Activity), visit the Texas Success Initiative.
TSIA2 Test Prep Sessions offered at ACC! For more details on each session or to register online, view the TSIA2 Test Prep flyer.
All test options require students to have a picture ID (school, passport, driver license). If your child does not have a picture ID, you can use this Student ID Form and have it completed by your child's school or notarized.
Contact the Student Accessibility Services Office prior to registering for the exam, if accommodations are required. View the DE Student Accessibility Services Information sheet for the 3-step process to apply for accommodations.
Complete the Early Admission Contract (EAC) online and email or print and return to your ACC DE Advisor.
Register for Dual Enrollment Orientation when available, to learn more about paying for your college courses, how to purchase your textbooks, and how to access resources for your success!
Pay for your ACC College Courses and Textbooks before each semester begins and you have received the "You Are Registered for ACC DE Courses" email.
To pay online, visit Make a Payment. (fees vary; see ACC DE Advisor).
- You do not have to log into The POD to make a payment. Simply click “Make a Payment” from the ACC homepage>Select Student tab.
- You will need your ACC ID # and your 6-digit date of birth (mmddyy) to make your payment. No password is needed.
Your ACC ID # is on your ACC Admissions Letter or you can locate it in The POD (steps below).
Steps on Locating Your ACC ID Number (in The POD)
- Log into the POD
- Click on WebACCess on the right
- Click on students
- Click on My Student Account
- Click on My Student Profile
- The ID number should be located on the top left of that page.
- Cash payments can be made at ACC (3110 Mustang Road, Alvin, TX 77511-Cashier’s Window in Building A).
- Payments can be made over the phone to ACC's Cashier using a credit card at 281.756.3593.
Payment Plan Options
Select the payment plan option online when making your payment ($30 non-refundable setup fee is required for a payment plan).
4-payment Installment Plan-(Enrollment November 12, 2021 – December 11, 2021)
- 1stpayment due at time of set up plus the $30 non-refundable setup fee. Must be submitted before or by December 11, 2021.
- 2nd payment due January 11, 2022
- 3rd payment due February 3, 2022
- 4th final payment due March 3, 2022
3-payment Installment Plan-(Enrollment December 12, 2021 – January 11, 2022)
- 1stpayment due at time of set up plus the $30 non-refundable setup fee. Must be submitted before or by January 11, 2022.
- 2ndpayment due February 3, 2022
- 3rdfinal payment due March 3, 2022
***A $50 fee will be assessed for each payment not made by the due date*** Fee Statements are not mailed.
When/where can I purchase my textbooks? (View Instructional Video)
- ACC utilizes both electronic (RedShelf eBook) and hard copy textbooks. Please review your syllabus to determine which one will be used in your class.
- Textbooks can be purchased online at the ACC College Store.
- Hard copy textbooks can be mailed or picked up by curbside no contact on ACC’s main campus (3110 Mustang Road, Alvin, TX 77511-Building E).
- Some Digital textbooks (RedShelf eBooks) are included in the price of the course, review your fee statement for eBook fees.
- Students are strongly encouraged to purchase books from the ACC bookstore to ensure correct textbook and any key codes or other supplemental text/software that is required.
- Students who purchase their books before class should not open the shrink-wrapping until they’ve attended the class to confirm they have the correct book. Students who wait until the first day of class to purchase books should have their books prior to the second-class meeting.
- If you need assistance, the college store can be reached at 281.756.3681.
What is the (RedShelf) eBook Fee that I see?
If you notice eBook Fees as part of your Spring 2022 fee statement/bill, it is the
digital textbook associated with one of the courses you have been registered for.
The price of the digital book has been included for your convenience and at a discounted
Learn “How to Access Through Blackboard” for (RedShelf) Coded Content or eBooks
View these steps on “How to Opt Out of RedShelf eBooks”
For more information, students can contact the ACC College Store at 281.756.3681.
Dual Enrollment courses, taken on the high school campus require payment of tuition
and a registration fee each semester (Fall-August; Spring-January; Summer-June). Students enrolling in courses located
on the main ACC campus, UHCLP campus, or online will be required to pay In-district
tuition and all associated fees. Dual Enrollment students are also required to purchase textbooks.
Textbooks may be purchased at the ACC Bookstore.
Most college courses are 3 hours, below represents estimated pricing per district for courses taken on the high school campus and/or courses taken on ACC's main and UHCLP campuses. Please refer to the ACC schedule, the MOU, or visit with your ACC DE Advisor to discuss specific pricing for your DE courses.
|District||Tuition Per Credit Hour||Registration Fee|
|AISD||$25.00 per credit hour||$30|
|PISD||$47.00 per credit hour||$30|
|DISD||$47.00 per credit hour||$30|
|In-District Home School||$25.00 per credit hour||All Fees|
|Out-of-District Home School||$47.00 per credit hour||All Fees|
|@ ACC/UHCLP||$47.00 per credit hour||All Fees|
Note: AISD Dual Enrollment technical students are only required to pay fees associated with the certification (examples: certification exams, license, malpractice insurances, etc.). Classroom textbooks are also provided.
- Alvin HS
- JB Hensler College & Career Academy
- Manvel HS
- Shadow Creek HS
- Danbury HS
- Glenda Dawson HS
- Pearland HS
- Robert Turner College & Career HS
Living Stones Christian School
How do I set up my ACC Email and ACCess ID? (View Instructional Video)
Set up your ACCess ID to log into:
- Office 365: to access your ACC student email, and the full suite of Microsoft Office.
- The POD: ACC’s centralized gateway to vital information, key dates, as well as links to coursework and important websites.
*Please set up your ACC email account to receive ACC DE updates. Your ACC email is the official form of communication for ACC. Students, if you need help, contact the IT Help Desk at 281.756.3544.
How do I log into The POD?
How do I review and access the college classes I have been registered for?
To view your Spring 2022 courses:
- Log into The POD.
- Under WebACCess >Students>Planning &Registration>Fee Statement and Schedule>Spring 2022 for term.
- If you have questions or need assistance accessing The POD, contact the IT Help Desk at 281.756.3544 (students only; parents will not be assisted)
- If your schedule does not look accurate, contact your ACC DE Advisor. Remember this is for spring only (January - May).
How do I log into Blackboard?