Dual Enrollment Admission
ACC Dual Enrollment Program Admission Process
2023-2024 Admission Deadline – May 4, 2023
Complete the online application at https://www.applytexas.org/
*VERY IMPORTANT* Make sure you enter your Social Security number if you have one.
- Select Get Started and enter your My Profile information and save profile.
- Under My Application select “Start a New Application”
- Select “Two-year community/junior college.”
- Select Alvin Community College (Alvin) as the institution in the drop down menu.
- Select Dual Credit for your application type.
- Select Semester (most likely Fall but you can select Spring or Summer if Fall is not available).
- Select Alvin Community College again.
- Select ASSOCIATE OF ARTS - GENERAL STUDIES (DUAL CREDIT HS) as your major.
- You will answer Dual Credit questions and Questions specific to Alvin Community College
- For Term, you will be applying to the 16-week term.
- When you have completed all steps, Submit your application.
- Once application is submitted, you will receive an email with confirmation number from Apply Texas.
Note: An ACC acceptance email should be received within 48 business hours during normal processing times and may be longer during peak registration periods. Please check your junk/spam folder for this important communication if it does not route to your inbox automatically.
Take TSI Exam or provide waiver or exemption.
- View possible waivers, exemptions on our Testing Information handout.
- Learn more about the TSIA and find sample study questions on our ACC TSI Testing Information Page.
- If you require accommodations, contact the Student Accessibility Services Office prior to registering for the exam.
- Students taking the TSI are required to have a picture ID (school, passport, driver license). If you do not have a picture ID, you can use this Student ID Form and have it completed by your school's or notarized.
TSI Test Prep Sessions offered at ACC! For more details on each session or to register online visit the Learning Lab TSI Sessions.
Register for Dual Enrollment Orientation when you are emailed that the dates available, to learn more about paying for your college courses, how to purchase your textbooks, and how to access resources for your success!
Pay for your ACC college courses and textbooks before each semester begins. You will receive a "Steps for Making a Payment" email and text.
How to Make a Payment
You do not have to log into The POD or need a password to make a payment.
- On the ACC website roll over the Paying for College tab
- Select Make a Payment
- Select Student tab
- Enter your ACC Student ID Number*
- Enter Birth Date (mmddyy)
- Click Login
Payments can be made over the phone to ACC's Cashier using a credit card at 281.756.3593.
Payment Plan Options
Select the payment plan option online when making your payment ($30 non-refundable setup fee is required for a payment plan).
Fee Statements are not mailed. Set a reminder on your calendar to avoid late fees. A $50 fee will be assessed for each payment not made by the due date
*Find your ACC ID number (7-digit number beginning with 0) in your ACC Acceptance Email or you can locate it in The POD on your fee statement.
- Log into The POD
- Under WebACCess on right side of the page
- Select Students
- Select Planning & Registration
- Select Fee Statement
- Click on View Statement on right side of page
- Your Student ID number is on right side of page under your name.
Dual Enrollment courses, taken on the high school campus require payment of tuition
and a registration fee each semester (Fall-August; Spring-January; Summer-June). Students enrolling in courses located
on the main ACC campus, UHCLP campus, or online will be required to pay In-district
tuition and all associated fees. Dual Enrollment students are also required to purchase textbooks.
Textbooks may be purchased at the ACC Bookstore.
Most college courses are 3 hours, below represents estimated pricing per district for courses taken on the high school campus and/or courses taken on ACC's main and UHCLP campuses. Please refer to the ACC schedule, the MOU, or visit with your ACC DE Advisor to discuss specific pricing for your DE courses.
|District||Tuition Per Credit Hour||Fees|
|AISD||$25.00 per credit hour||$30|
|AISD @ ACC Campus/Online||$25.00 per credit hour||$80|
|PISD||$47.00 per credit hour||$30|
|DISD||$47.00 per credit hour||$30|
|In-District Home School||$25.00 per credit hour||All Fees|
|Out-of-District Home School||$47.00 per credit hour||All Fees|
|@ ACC/UHCLP||$47.00 per credit hour||All Fees|
Note: AISD Dual Enrollment technical students are only required to pay fees associated with the certification (examples: certification exams, license, malpractice insurances, etc.). Classroom textbooks are also provided.
- Alvin HS
- Iowa Colony HS
- JB Hensler College & Career Academy
- Manvel HS
- Shadow Creek HS
- Danbury HS
- Glenda Dawson HS
- Pearland HS
- Robert Turner College & Career HS
Living Stones Christian School