Polysomnography (Sleep Medicine) - A.A.S. Degree
How to Apply
Application Period - January 1 through November 1
Deadline - November 1
The Polysomnography program begins every Spring semester in January.
If you are a first-time college student or transferring to ACC, begin the application process by completing the Steps-to-Getting-Started.
What You Need to Apply
To be considered for admission to the Polysomnography program, the applicant must:
Complete Prerequisite Courses
Provide proof of college credit for the following before the January start date.
- ENGL 1301 – Composition I
- BIOL 2401 – Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 2402 – Anatomy & Physiology II
Completion of the following course is not required at the time of application, but is strongly recommended prior to admission.
- 3 Credits: Social/Behavioral Science Core Elective
- 3 Credits: Language, Philosophy & Culture Elective
Applicant must be TSI complete
Attend a Virtual Polysomnography Information Session
All applicants are required to attend an information session.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
|February 3, 2021||
|February 24, 2021||
|March 10, 2021||2:00 pm|
|April 14, 2021||2:00 pm|
|May 5, 2021||2:00 pm|
|June 8, 2021||2:00 pm|
|June 22, 2021||2:00 pm|
Information Session Link: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/116c06a350104ab980fe81c7595aa760
Click the link above to join an information session a few minutes before the scheduled time.
Apply to the Polysomnography Program
- Online application will be open July 1 thru Nov 1
- Upload unofficial college transcript showing completion of required courses. Official college transcripts must be sent to Alvin Community College Registrar
- Immunization record showing at least 2 or 3 shots completed in Hepatitis B series
Wait to be contacted by the department. Please be patient; it can take several weeks for admission applications to be processed.
Eligible applicants will be invited for interviews held approximately 2-3 weeks after the November 1 deadline.
A condition of admission is based on completion and/or of submission of the following:
- Proof of personal health insurance
- Passing a drug screening
- Physical examination
- Immunization record showing: Completion of Hepatitis B Immunization series (may take up to 6 months), MMR, Tdap, TB, Varicella, Meningitis (required for students under the age of 22), and Influenza (please note: a titer may be required for some of these immunizations)
- Cleared criminal background
- Attend program orientation
PLA-Prior Learning Assessment
Credit may be awarded toward the AAS degree it the student meets the department requirements.
- Registered by BRPT as a RPSGT with a minimum of 2 years’ full time experience in Polysomnography
- Non-registered Polysomnography Technician with a minimum of 5 years’ full experience in Polysomnography
- The Polysomnography students will abide by the admission and curriculum requirements of the Polysomnography Department at the time they are admitted or re-admitted to the program.
- Once a student has enrolled in the Polysomnography Program, all Polysomnography courses must be completed in the proper sequence as shown in the catalog and degree plan
- No grade below a C is acceptable.
- Only two (2) attempts to pass a course will be permitted. An attempt is defined as a course in which a grade of D or F is recorded on the transcript.
- Students must complete the program within three (3) years after initial acceptance.
COLLEGE & CAREER PATHWAYS
Polysomnography (Sleep Medicine) is part of our Health Career Pathway. Click the box below to see other Health programs that may interest you.